February 6, 2012

Super Bowl 2012

What a fun time to be a Hoosier!  We live in Indianapolis, who hosted the Super Bowl, so my husband and I spend a few days downtown in Super Bowl Village - so much fun!!  Here we are one evening at Monument Circle in front of the Roman Numerals:

We hosted a very last-minute, small get-together for the game on Sunday.  I LOVE hosting parties because I love to try out new recipes.  Here was my latest creation for the game - hamburger cookies!
I saw these in the recent Martha Stewart magazine.  The "buns" are peanut butter cookies and the "burger" is a brownie.  I colored some frosting for the "condiments" and they turned out so cute!  I sprinkled a touch of sesame seeds on top to look more like buns.  And a quick suggestion - keep the brownies really thin... like, barely cover the bottom of the pan.  Otherwise your burgers will be disproportionately larger than your buns.  

I made some beer dip from a recipe from beautyandbedlam.com (here) and it was absolutely amazing!  It was incredibly easy to make and it was really good with the homemade soft pretzels my husband made!

We had a wonderful weekend and it was even better with the Giants win :)  We have tons of leftover food and a slight hang over, but otherwise it was an incredibly successful party!  My husband is happy about the leftovers since I'll be traveling for work all week.  We have a whole pan of homemade wings left, which I'm pretty sure will be his breakfast, lunch, and dinner all week!

And because I love my dog Lucy, here's a picture of her waiting for our Super Bowl guests to arrive.

Apparently no one told her the Steelers lost a few weeks ago!

Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment