February 1, 2012

Sisal Rope Bowl

Follow Me on Pinterest


I fell in love with the rope-wrapped bowl I saw in this tutorial from centsationalgirl.com (check out the site, it's aaahhhh-mazing!).  So of course, I had to try it!

I found this metal container at Goodwill for $1.99.  


The sisal rope came from Lowes and was about $6 - but I have plenty left over for another container!  All you have to do is hot glue the rope around the container, it was SO easy.  Wrap the rope around the handles as well.


The original tutorial suggested wrapping the rope inside the container as well.  I chose to fill the bowl with fabric-wrapped styrofoam balls, so I didn't see a need to do the inside.  See how to make the balls here.

Here is the final product, displayed beautifully on the console table I repurposed (I'll have a tutorial on that another day!).


Happy creating, friends!


Follow Me on Pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Wow your bowl looks fanatastic Melissa, it adds such amazing texture to your room! Thank you for sharing!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete