September 20, 2012

Yearly Anniversary Photo

Follow Me on Pinterest
I realize this post is about 4 months overdue... my 1st wedding anniversary was in May. 
We went to Riviera Maya in Mexico to celebrate - it was amazing.

We're young newlyweds who are madly in love and I wanted to start a sweet tradition to document the progression of our relationship.  I've seen several anniversary picture ideas, but since we were traveling abroad, we kept it simple.

The plan is to take a picture just like the one on the right on each anniversary (the picture on the left is from our wedding in Key West).  The chalkboard will show the date and where we were at the time.  The chalkboard was about $5 at Michaels - good investment!

We're hoping to take a yearly vacation over our anniversary each year, so hopefully the location in each picture will be different.  But if we have it take the picture in our back yard, then that will be fine too!


I have a large canvas print of this wedding picture.  I think I'll make a canvas of our 1st anniversary picture and hang it next to the wedding picture.  Maybe create a wall of anniversary pictures over the years?  I'll post an update after our 2nd anniversary in 2013!!

We actually renewed our vows in Mexico - I'm not sure we'll do it every year, but we got some sweet perks at out resort so we did it :)  I'd like to do it every few years.  Anyway, just because I can, here are a few pics from our vow renewal ceremony.  For some reason we decided to do it at night, so as you can see the lighting wasn't very good so, sorry the pics aren't the greatest!




Do you have any anniversary traditions?

No comments:

Post a Comment