November 1, 2012

Upgrade those cheap plastic storage bins!





Let me begin by showing you the incredibly embarrassing photo of what my crafting area used to look like:
I decided it was time to clean up and organize this area!

I started with this 5-drawer organizer I picked up at Target for about $15.  But it was so BORING!!  I decided to kick it up a notch!

I started with this plastic primer.  It's just a clear primer that should be put on underneath your colored spray paint.  This primer will help keep your color from chipping or scratching.

Simply remove all the drawers, spray on your primer, then spray on your color!  Make sure to follow the directions on the primer.  I believe this brand was ready to paint in one hour.

That's it!  It's a very simple change that makes a huge difference.  I'm considering doing something with the drawers too - maybe glitter?!?  I'll let you know!

And if you're asking yourself "I wonder what Melissa's craft area looks like now??" Well... more on that to come... let's just say it's an ongoing project :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the way it turned out! Do you remember the name of the color you used? I love it!
    Kirsten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsten! Unfortunately I don't know the name of the paint I used. I know it was a Valspar spray paint… that's all I know. Sorry!

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    Bins & Things provides eco-friendly plastic moving boxes for rent in the NYC area. Our moving bins are the best quality moving boxes that you could possibly use for your move. These moving crates are extremely durable and are made in the USA.
    Cheap Plastic Storage Bins

    ReplyDelete