August 22, 2012

Mimosa Bar

Follow Me on Pinterest

My sister-in-law's bridal shower ended up being PERFECT!  I met her other bridesmaids for the first time and absolutely love them.  I cannot wait for the wedding in October!!

One of my "jobs" for the shower was the mimosa bar.  We liked the idea of having some booze, but considering it was early afternoon we didn't want anything too heavy.  Mimosas seemed perfect!  And easy!  The mimosa bar idea was largely inspired by the gals at Kojo Designs (check them out!)


I had three mixers for the champagne: standard OJ, Peach nectar (recipe here),


and Strawberry Lemonade (recipe here - although I substituted pink lemonade instead of raspberry lemonade). 


The peach nectar and strawberry lemonade were both really delicious!  We ran out of both of them by the end of the shower, but had plenty of OJ left over!  Everyone had a great time trying out the different mixers.

A word of advice.... Keep plenty of napkins near the champagne.  A few guests filled their champagne a little too full and ended up overflowing with fizz!

Keep your garnishes simple, most people didn't even bother using them :)  Happy drinking!

Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

  1. Your party looks like such fun! So colorful and festive. I'll have to try these fruity mimosas :) Thanks for linking to my peach nectar post, too. I'm going to link back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Mimosas are part of our Christmas morning brunch every year. This year, we will try some with the peach nectar. Yum!

    ReplyDelete