January 19, 2012

Welcome to my first ever blog post!


Oh my.  I have a blog....  Hah!  Ok, focus Melissa.

I come from a long line of artists.  My grandmother did beautiful watercolor portraits.  My dad is a successful cartoonist who works for Jim Davis - the creator of Garfield - and animates much of what you see at www.garfield.com (go check it out!).  My mom is a "visionary" and makes some wonderful and creative scrapbooks, has beautiful gardens, is a talented photographer, and can decorate a home beautifully.
My brother is talented in just about any type of 3-D art and has become a wonderful glass artist.  He creates some of the most beautiful hand blown glass I have ever seen.  Here is one of his pieces:


Unfortunately very little of that talent was passed to me.  I have always been creative, so here I am, channeling my creativity!  I have always loved to create "something out of nothing," and love to scour thrift stores and see what treasures I can make from other peoples' junk.

And then came Pinterest!  All of a sudden there were millions upon millions of ideas at my fingertips.  To say I was greatly inspired would be an understatement.  After pinning gazillions of these ideas and inspirations, I finally decided to start creating... and I haven't stopped!  Now I'd like to try to inspire others as I have been inspired.  Having one-of-a-kind items in your home, created by YOU, is such an amazing feeling.  I hope to inspire you and I hope that I can be inspired by you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment